Learning Management System
There is the property present in the Connector configuration,
This property gives us the facility to transform the data that is being uploaded through the SF Connectors.
We can find this property when we login to LMS as an admin and navigate to System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> Connectors(Click edit) -> In the configuration, search for ‘Transform’.
Let us see an example of how does this configuration works when LocaleIDs/TimezoneIDs has spaces in them.
For example TimezoneID is ‘America/New York’(see that there is a space in ‘New York’), then when we define the transform property for this timezone as 'sfuser.field.transform.data.TIMEZONE.America/New_York=EST'
and save the connector configuration, this is what the configuration saves the property as 'sfuser.field.transform.data.TIMEZONE.America/New=York=EST'.Below is the screenshot for before and after changes.
This is same with LocaleIDs.
- Since this is a property file, this doesn’t take spaces. As a result of which for such kind of IDs, we need to find a way to resolve this without any changes to the customer’s data. Since this localeID and TimezoneID are database primary keys, these mistakes in simple properties may lead to bigger problems.
- There is a way to solve the problem. Before saving the configuration, we need to add ‘\’ before the space in the ID.In other words, the property should look like :
- sfuser.field.transform.data.LOCALE.Bulgarian\ Spanish=bu_s
- After we save the configuration, the property doesn’t change and this is considered as ‘Bulgarian Spanish’ by the system.
- This solves potential issues.
Connector,Timezone,Locale,Transform,sfuser.field.transform.data.TIMEZONE,sfuser.field.transform.data.LOCALE , KBA , sf lms , sf learning legacy , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To