While adding an Expense Type to an Expense Report (e. g. DNNR - Dinner) you'd like to enable the mandatory field Number of Participants just as in the default Expense Type ENT - Entertainment, however you don't know how to configure this.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Travel and Expenses work center.
- Go to Common Tasks > New Expense Report on Behalf.
- Enter required data on step 1 - General Information and click Next.
- On step 2 - Expenses, under Expenses section click Add Row.
- Enter any Expense Type different from Entertainment.
Notice that there's no Number of Participants field to be used.
Like any other Expense Type field, the display of Number of Participants field when selecting a given Expense Type depends on which Expense Category that Expense Type is assigned to.
In this way, the Number of Participants field is restricted to the Expense Category Entertainment. By definition the Expense Category Entertainment considers that here you paid to entertain somebody else, so it is always mandatory to enter these people who benefit from those expenses.
Based on the system logic, if you want to enable the Number of Participants field you need to assign the Expense Category Entertainment to the Expense Type you want to use. Recommendation is to create a customized Expense Type and then assign the Expense Category Entertainment to it.
This is done in the fine-tuning activity Expense Reporting - <Country> (e. g. Expense Reporting - US) as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the respective project and click Open Activity List.
- Move to Fine-Tune phase.
- Search and open the activity Expense Reporting - <Country>.
- Under Available Expense Types click Add Row.
- Enter an Expense Type name (e. g. ZTES) and a Description.
- Under Details section, on Definition tab you must select Expense Category Entertainment.
- Complete the other mandatory fields and Save the changes.
Now you can create an Expense Report with Expense Type ZTES and include the Number of Participants for that expense.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To