- Text Truncated.
- When reporting off a BEx Query, text is cut off.
- In Crystal Reports, when reporting off a BEx Query that uses a characteristic defined with Long text is XL, it truncate the text at 60 characters.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In SAP BW 7.4, define a Characteristic with the option "Long text is XL"
- Populate the SAP BW Cube that uses the Characteristic with text of up to 1333 characters.
- In BEx Query Designer, create a BEx Query off the SAP BW Cube that uses the Characteristic with Long text is XL.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the BEx Query.
- When refreshing the report, notice the text is truncated at 60 characters.
- In SAP BW, Characteristic defined with Long Text could contain up to 60 characters. In the latest version of SAP BW, a new feature was added called: "Long text is XL" that can now allow up to 1333 characters.
- When reporting off a BEx Query, Crystal Reports uses the MDX Query to retreive data. The reason the characteristic defined with "Long text is XL" only return 60 characters, it is because the MDX technology does not have this new data type. Due to the limitation of the MDX technology, it is not possible to return more than 60 characters. It is not a limitation of Crystal Reports, but a limitation of the MDX technology.
- There is unfortunately no workaround to display more than 60 characters for Characteristic defined with Long Text is XL in SAP BW when reporting off a BEx Query in Crystal Reports, due to the limitation of the MDX technology.
CR, truncated, MDX query , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016