You are unable to update Indicator fields using the Mass Data Maintenance to value false (empty).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Select the data object that you want to export.
- Export the data.
- Change the Indicator field from true (X) to false (empty).
- Import the date back to the system using Mass Data Maintenance.
- The new value for the field will not be updated in the UI.
Indicator fields are Boolean fields that can either have a true value — represented in Mass Data Maintenance and the Migration workbench as X — or a false value, which is when the field is empty.
The Mass Data Maintenance is a tool designed with the intention to update data already in the system. It ignores empty fields by default and because of that, changing an Indicator field from true (X) to false will not be interpreted by the tool, as the new value (empty) will not be considered a change.
Furthermore, standard Indicator fields (such as Main Contact in Account) will not even be shown to export in the Mass Data Maintenance.
As workaround, please try the following:
- In Business ByDesign, use the migration methods Modify or Replace Already Existing Records if they are available in the migration of the business object in your scenario. In case they are not available, use the web service related to this business object. You can find the necessary code list information in the SAP Global Data Type Catalog.
- In Cloud for Customer, besides the workaround available in Business ByDesign, there is also the alternative of updating Indicator fields via Data Workbench.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To