A user ABC opens a report from the work center Business Analytics. His access context is No Restrictions. If another user (e.g. DEF) opens this report from the work center Business Analytics, he can only see test data (access context Test Data). Your business configuration is not set up to show real data in reports from this work center, so you are wondering why the user ABC has no restrictions.
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on as user ABC.
- Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Reports, and open a report.
- You will have the access context No Restrictions and the data in this report is real data.
- Perform the same steps logged on as user DEF.
- The access context shows Test Data.
- In the work center Business Configuration, view Overview, open the activity Administrator Analytics - Settings.
- The option Show Real Data Instead of Generic Data is not ticked.
You would thus expect that in the work center Business Analytics, all users see test data in reports.
The user ABC is assigned to a PDI work center. Users with this access right will always see real data in reports in Business Analytics.
If this is not intended, please remove the assignment to the PDI work center:
- Go to the work center Application and User Management, view Business users.
- Search for user ABC and click on Edit > Access Rights.
- In the tab Work Center and View Assignment, remove assignments to work center views that are related to Partner Development.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To