When you try to Bundle Purchase Requests into purchase order created automatically using Third party Repair Scenario, system throws warning message.
Purchase Request ABC created from service order and cannot be processed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select Purchase Requests view.
- Show All Purchase Requests using drop down.
- Select the Purchase Requests IDs created from a source: Service Order.
- Choose option Bundle and Order selecting required criteria.
- New Window Opens up and then system triggers warning message mentioned above.
When you open the relevant Purchase Request ID, for line item you can see the Value Limit as zero in the Limit Item Details under the Basic Data sub tab of Items tab.
Since you have Item Type as Limit, by default the Net value of the Service Order is Zero and the same is picked as Value Limit in the Purchase Request. As the value limit is zero in the purchase request, you are not able to create the purchase order.
- Go to the Service Orders Work center.
- Select Service Order Processing View.
- Select the Service Order and go to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- Select Add Row button and insert the Price Component as Cost Estimate.
- Maintain the Amount as per your requirement.
The Limit Value also considers this amount and gets updated accordingly in the Purchase Request. Once the above mentioned steps are performed you will be able to create Purchase Order without any warning message from the system.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To