You observe that the Exchange rate is picked up correctly for meals per diem where as you wonder why the conversion rate is different for Lodging per diem with that of meals per diem.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel & Expenses work center.
- Go to the Travel & Expenses view.
- Click on Request Trip Approval-Claim Travel Expenses.
- Select Claim Meals Per Diem and Claim Lodging Per Diem.
- Click on Print Preview.
You observe that the amount calculated with respect to the exchange rates are different across the per diems.
The configuration maintained for Meals Per Diem and Lodging per diem are in different currencies.
You can see the configuration in the following path.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation projects view.
- Click on Open activity List button.
- Open the Fine Tuning Activity Per Diem Rates for Meals - <country version> and Per Diem Rates for Lodging - <country version>.
- Check the Per Diem Rates and the Currency across Meals and Lodging.
You have to check the configuration currency and then calculate the per diem amount according to the Exchange Rate maintained in the following path.
- Go to the Travel Admin work center.
- Under Common Task press the link Update Exchange Rates.
- Click on the button View Exchange rate History in order to match the date.
- Search for relevant currency for example USD to GBP and EUR to GBP.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To