What is the difference and purpose of the Item Status report and Online Item Status report?
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
ONLINE STATUS REPORT:
- The Online Item Status report will show the most recent record based on the CREATE_DATE of the record in the PA_CBT_STUD_CPNT .
- This report does not take into consideration whether or not a completion status/date exists and most importanly only shows the most recent (based on CREATE_DTE) record.
- This is the functionalty that is intended and shows the most recent because retraining or reassignment may occur.
- It is intended to report on the latest (most recent based on creation date) status of all ASSIGNED online items. “Assigned” means the item is on the user’s learning plan (use the “All” filter on the Admin view of the user’s learning plan).
- This is not a history report, and will only report on the most recent, and will not include other prior history records.
- Customers use this report to track the status of a current assignment.
- If the item was assigned and removed for the user by an Assignment Profile (AP), the user data will be deleted from the table PA_STUD_CPNT, therefore for those users there will be no data in the Online Item Status report. You should, instead, use the Learning History report for those users.
ITEM STATUS REPORT:
- The Item Status report will show all instances in the users history where a completion date/status exists. Item Status Report will include all history records for items
- This report will therefore include duplicate history records, and records that were recorded as complete but never assigned to the user, and never added to the learning plan.
- This report is used by customers to answer the question – what is the completion status of an item for a group of users?
2165958 - How is Time Recorded in Online Item Status Report - LMS
2167650 - Why some users with 0 Times Entered have Object Details populated but others not in Online Item Status CSV Report
Item Status, Online Item Status, difference, , KBA , sf lms , sf learning legacy , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To