- This article explains about Adding/Removing a Group Admin in an Autogroup.
- How to Add/Remove Group Admin in an Autogroup?
- SAP Jam
- Company Admins can Add/Remove group admins from an Autogroup if that Group Admin is not also a Company Admin. This ability is restricted to the Autogroup member listing available on the company admin pages.
Adding a Group Admin to an Autogroup -
Please follow below steps to add a Group Admin to an Autogroup -
1. Login into SAP Jam Instance and navigate to Jam Admin page and click on "Autogroups" option.
2. Click on Edit option against the Autogroup which you would like to add Group Admins.
3. Then in Autogroup Edit page, navigate to "Membership” tab and add the name of the member in "Add members not included in the filters" and check the box “Make Group Admin".
Here Company Admin can make another member as a group admin who is not company admin.
Removing a Group Admin from an Autogroup –
- All company admins are automatically group admins for Autogroups, so they cannot be removed as a group admin. However, option to remove non company admin as a group admin is available in “Action” drop drowns button “‘remove from Group'”.
- Only static members of an Autogroup can be removed. If members added matches the Autogroup condition cannot be removed from the Autogroup.
For example -
Scenario: User A is a normal user and a member of Autogroup A. User A is not a Company Admin or any other kind of Admin. We use the steps listed above to make User A as a Group Admin of Autogroup A. We would now like User A to no longer be a Group Admin for Autogroup A, so can we use 'Remove from Group' option under 'Actions' to accomplish this.
- Will User A no longer be a member of Autogroup A with no access to the group's content?
Ans – If User A is a Static member, then this member can be removed from group and he/she will no longer have access to the group.
- Will User A no longer be a Group Admin of Autogroup A but continues to be a member of Autogroup A with access to the group's content?
Ans- If this user is a Non-company Admin user and non-static member can be removed from Group Admin privileges and can continue as group member and if required, he/she can be removed from group as well.
Autogroups in SAP Jam Autogroup Group Admin , KBA , sf internal , sf email , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To