You are trying to replicate the Currency Exchange Rates From ERP System and you got the error messages, ICM_HTTP_TIMOUT and Exchange rate transmission run failed while replication Currency Exchange Rates From ERP System.
You have also checked the relevant communication arrangement and ping is possible however still error message exists.
Reproducing the Issue
Check the Relevant Exchange Rate Error:
- Go to the Admin Work Center
- Under the System Activities choose Replication and Integration Tasks.
- Click on the Request Currency Exchange Rates From ERP hyperlink.
- Select the Schedule button to maintain the scheduling options.
- Go to the Execution Details.
- Click on the Application Log ID link.
- The error message Exchange rate transmission run failed is displayed.
- When you select the Results tab the error message: ICM_HTTP_TIMOUT & Technical error, see Business Communication Monitoring, rate type 001. is displayed.
Check the Relevant Communication Arrangement:
- Go to the Application & User Management Work Center.
- Select the Communication Arrangements.
- Click on the Request Exchange Rate From External Sources hyperlink.
- Under the column Service select the Request Exchange Rate From External Sources & press Check Connection button.
- The system displays the message Ping Successful.
The most common reason for such WEB Service related problems (HTTP errors, time out problems) during Exchange Rate replication is that two notes are not implemented in your ERP system.
Complete the installation of SAP Notes 1631657 and 1825806 in your SAP ERP system or maintain the minimum service package level for the software component ESA ECC-SE.
ESA ECC-SE 602 SP 13
ESA ECC-SE 603 SP 12
ESA ECC-SE 604 SP 14
ESA ECC-SE 605 SP 11
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To