For your customer sales project several time and expense items, e.g. employee time confirmations or goods and service receipts, were correctly posted and assigned to the respective project task and sales order item.
You now want to edit these items in the Not Invoiced Times and Expenses view.
You want to create project invoice requests for these time and expense items.
You have verified that the items appear in the Projects: Times and Expenses view as well as in the Sales Accruals report in the Cost and Revenue workcenter and that they are correctly assigned to the respective sales order item and project task.
But in both cases, the times and expenses are not available for editing or invoicing.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Project Management workcenter navigate to Invoice Preparation- Not Invoices Times and Expenses.
- Find the respective project and then press Edit Times and Expenses.
- In the new screen you can find all the times and expenses assigned to this project.
Or if you want to create a project invoice request:
- In the Customer Invoicing workcenter navigate to Project Invoicing - Projects.
- Find the project and press New - Manual Project Invoice Request.
- Press Next until step 3 - Define Invoice Items.
- Under Items choose Propose Invoice Items - From Time and Expenses: Per Employee/Party and Sales Order item.
- Two warning messages appear: No proposal exists for expenses; create invoice items manually; No time and expenses exist for selected option.
The times and expenses that you are looking for have been written off in previous project invoice requests of this project.
- Go to Customer Invoicing and there navigate to the Project Invoicing - Project Invoice Requests view.
- In the Show field select All Project Invoice Requests and in the Find field enter the respective project ID.
- The project invoice request(s) appear(s). Select on of them and click Edit.
- Navigate to the Items tab and there to the Time and Expenses sub-tab.
- Here all times and expenses relevant for this project invoice request are listed.
- In the top table select one Employee/Party.
- In the table below (Time and Expense Items) you find all the times posted for this employee/ party.
- Now compare the values of the columns Quantity Available to Be Invoiced and Quantity to Be Written Off.
- If you don't see this column Quantity to Be Written Off in the table you need to add it via the Personalize function in the very top right corner of the screen.
- You can see that the quantities to be invoices have been written off totally. Therefore they are not available anymore for invoicing or editing.
Check with the project manager why these items have been written off. If you came to the conclusion that they should be available for editing/invoicing you need to cancel the related project invoice requests and all follow-on documents, such as customer invoices and payments. Only then you will be able to edit/invoice these quantities again.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To