- Employee Profile
HOW TO THOROUGHLY TEST EMPLOYEE/LIVE PROFILE
1. Log in as a user with full admin privileges.
2. Navigate to admin tools > configure employee files.
3. Edit each portlet and make sure all fields that you want displayed have been added to each portlet.
4. Save your changes.
5. Proxy as a test user who has complete hierarchy a.k.a. has a manager, HR, 2nd level manager and all of the roles in your organization.
6. Go to employee/live profile.
7. Can this employee read all of the fields they are supposed to on the different portlets?
a. Are there fields that they see that they shouldn't?
8. Can this employee write to all of the fields they are supposed to on the different portlets?
a. Are there fields that they can edit that they shouldn't?
9. Proxy to a user as each role in your organization (for example, your test user's manager.)
10. Search for the test user and repeat steps 6, 7 and 8.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
1. If a field doesn't display for a user, the person viewing may not have permission to see it OR it may not be added in admin tools > configure employee files.
2. If a user has dual roles, the user will have the lowest permission between the multiple roles. For example, if a user is a manager and a matrix manager where managers can write to fields and matrix managers can read, the user will have read permissions.
Technical Services Engineer.
KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To