Recruiting Marketing's Distance Search (also known as Radius Search) allows public site users to enter a postal code and a radius in order to find jobs in a wider area. This feature is developed for Rx and RMK standalone customers. Distance Search requires Keyword Search, and can be enabled in conjunction with Location Search.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
When using the Radius search, a user can only enter a valid postal code into the zip code box, and as the user types, zip codes matching their entered digits will appear in a predictive text box, from which they can select a postal code. The type-ahead zip codes will display in the locale of the page (for example, on a fr_FR page, country names will appear in French). The locale of the page the user is on functions as preference for the type-ahead. For example, if the user is on an en_US page, and beings typing "554" into the zip code box, US zip codes will appear first.
Only zip codes for countries with active jobs will display in the type-ahead. For example, if a client has jobs in the US and Canada, all zip codes for those countries will be available in the type-ahead.
The RMK platform does not support certain zip codes, including military codes like APO, FPO and DPO.
- This functionality works for both customers with Rx (RCM and RMK) or with RMK stand-alone
- From a data perspective, job data must contain both a country (in the standard ISO country format) and a postcode. For example, "Minneapolis, MN, US, 55408". If using Real Time Job Sync, specific field mapping is required.
How to enable
- Open Command Center
- Under the Site tab select Site Setup
- Click on Search tab
- Check the box next to Keyword to enable Keyword Search. Keyword Search is required to enable any of the other three types of search.
- Select Search by Distance
- Enter default values for both imperial (miles) and metric (kilometers), separated by commas
- Enter a number in the "Default" box for the default distance search. This number must be one of the values entered into the values text box.
Radius Search is only available for US jobs.
Using it for jobs from other countries will result in erratic behaviours due to the lack of a complete database of post codes for other countries than the US.
If you believe this feature should be made available, please submit an enhancement request as per the process outlined in KBA 2090228.
2090228 - How to submit enhancement requests for SAP SuccessFactors products
radial search, postal code search , search by postcode , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , How To