- What are cookies?
- What cookies are used in RMK?
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
- Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
- Think of a cookie as an identification card that's uniquely yours. Its job is to notify the site when you've returned. While it is possible to misuse a cookie in cases where there is personal data in it, cookies by themselves are not malicious.
- Cookies let you store preferences and user names, register products and services, and personalize pages. But if you never register or leave personal information at a site, then the server only knows that someone with your cookie has returned to the website. It doesn't know anything else.
- Clients have an option to present users with a cookie opt-in policy via the TC User Session Type choices in Command Centre under Site Setup Settings.
1. Cookie Session w/Remember Me option: The session is managed with cookies. Allows the user to choose whether the cookies will be permanent cookies or temporary cookies by checking a "Remember Me" box
2. Cookie Session Temporary: expiring cookies . The session is managed with cookies that will expire when the user's browser is closed.
3. Cookie Session Permanent: non expiring cookies. The session is managed with cookies that will never expire, keeping the user permanently logged in with the browser they are using.
4. Server Session: The session is managed with server-side session variables. No login cookies are set, and the user's session expires when the browser is closed. (This is the recommended type for optimal use of Candidate Account Simplification, and to keep the site in compliance with the latest data privacy laws.
The list of cookies used in Recruiting Marketing Career Sites and their duration in the Recruiting Marketing career sites is outlined in the RMK Guide.
KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-COR , RMK Core Platform , How To