- In the Google Chrome browser, the interactive Map plugin does not seem to function and display the map.
- This is a known issue. There is a compatibility problem with Chrome version 21 or later, where the interactive, Flash-based Map will not display due to a Chrome plugin. Unfortunately, there is no way around this issue programmatically, so instead our engineering team has installed a pop-up message to display. Instead, a user will see this message:
- This, unfortunately, is the best message that could be delivered to customers and users. There is no way that the RMK platform can be made compatible with Google Chrome at this time natively, due to the nature of our Map widget and the way Chrome relies on this plugin to display other Flash content.
- Recruiting Marketing
To remove this compatibility issue, perform the following steps as advised by your browser:
- In a new tab, access Chrome://plugins.
- Select "+ Details" to see the expanded plugin detail information.
- Find and disable Pepper Flash plugin.
- Once disabled, hit Ctrl-F5 on the Map page you were trying to access.
This will not only improve the display of the Flash player but may also have a broader positive impact on other RMK Flash applications, such as the Dashboard or external URL Builder.
KBA , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , Problem