SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK) - U.S. Jobs
- Markets and Nearest Major Markets are external-facing categories assigned to a particular job based on the primary location. Markets represent one method of search engine optimization that the Recruiting Marketing platform performs: by simply adding the local nearest major SEO market to a job (for example, a job with a location of Bloomington, MN will have a Nearest Major Market of Minneapolis, MN) we can improve a job's visibility to the larger job seeking market in the area.
- Markets do not correspond to any particular categorization or mapping. It is based purely on keywords and on search engine related terms. When an "incorrect" or "wrong" market appears on a job, it's not necessarily an incorrect association, but rather the best SEO market that could be associated with that location.
- The Markets and Nearest Major Market information is available and will display only for jobs based on US. For the other locations, this information is not available yet.
- To be specific, there is no such thing as a "wrong" market being assigned to a job. Rather, it is simply a keyword added to the job to help bring in search engine visitors. It may be a term that is specifically unrelated or potentially even misconstrued by the system, but all markets should be viewed as minor improvements made to the visibility of a job to search engines. Markets simply open up another (larger) angle of traffic for users to come in to the site.
- One thing that can affect what appears in the Nearest Major Market information (and cause the impression that the information is wrong) is the location for the job. If an incorrect/wrong location was added to the job, it can cause that the information on the Nearest Major Market field looks incorrect. You always have to use a correct and valid location with city, state and country.
KBA , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting all versions