- The SuccessFactory Tool is a self-service tool originally developed for use by Partners and Professional Services to make configuration changes for clients. It was eventually made available to trained clients to enable them to perform their own updates. It was designed for use with SuccessFactors BizX products that existed pre 2013.
- Customers should no longer be using this legacy tool to make configuration changes. If you are not already an existing user of this legacy tool please use our in-product Admin Tools for making configuration changes. Being native to the SuccessFactors application makes use of Admin Tools seamless, quick and easy.
- BizX Platform.
- Performance Management
News Update: 7/1/2015
- Code & feature Support via Product Support Incidents for SuccessFactory ENDED in the b1508 Quarterly release (August 2015) along with the universal upgrades.
- SuccessFactory tool has been in maintenance mode since Dec 2012. It has had no feature enhancements to keep up with changes in the BizX Suite since that point.
- Engineering team will still support SuccessFactory functional issues, like lost connection to the server due to one of the database table crashed but do not support feature changes. (JIRA ticket SFT-1445)
We are sincerely interested in the success of those clients still using this older tool so would like to provide some timely reminders:
- As BizX modules are typically updated each quarter, whereas the Factory tool is not being enhanced to work with these new features, please keep backups of your templates before opening them in SuccessFactory, as the Factory tool may not be able to interpret your code correctly.
- Factory may not recognize features that you have added to your templates newer than B1302.
- Factory is not certified for use with PMv12 or above.
- Please thoroughly test all changes you make via SuccessFactory before making them available to your end users.
- Continuing to use factory could result in damage to your form code, since the factory tool may no longer recongnize current code and may strip out code and make existing code unstable.
- Product Support is no longer providing support to users of the tool in relation to helping customers manage their xml code via this old method.
- Note: SuccessFactory is a DIY Tool, not covered by our regular SLAs
- More information on Admin Tools
- When there is a technical issue with the tool please go to Admin Tools and make sure you cannot complete changes using the advanced configuration options we continue to add to this tool. When you have complex configuration changes not possible via Admin Tools please engage with an approved SAP SuccessFactors Partner or Professional Services.
What Product Support Does Not Provide for Self-Service:
- Support do not engage in broad configuration assistance
- When you have a need for assistance on a broad array of questions then you should engage with Professional Services.
- We do not provide consulting advice, best practices advice, or advice on adding new configuration options and changing your existing processes & workflow. Professional Services should be engaged.
- Support does not endeavor to troubleshoot errors stemming from using the factory tool.
KBA , sf admin tools , successfactory , end of life , LOD-SF-PLT-TLS , Tools , How To