How to change words across SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite using text replacement?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite.
The text replacement tool uses two keys in the language pack (TEXT_REPLACEMENT_KEYS and ADMIN_TEXT_REPLACEMENT_KEYS) for the UI labels that you can customize. When you save custom values for the UI labels on the text replacement page, the default values of the UI labels are replaced with the new values, wherever the UI labels are used in the application.
When you customize UI labels in one language, the updates are applicable only for that language, and not for the other languages supported in the application.
Prerequisites to have access to Text Replacement tool
- Go to Admin Center Manage Permission Roles Permission Manage System Properties and select Text Replacement.
- On the Permission settings dialog box, and click Done.
- Scroll down to the Grant this role to section and grant the permission to the user roles, as needed.
- Click Save Changes.
- The selected user roles will now have access to the Admin Center Text Replacement page.
- Go to the Admin Center -> Text Replacement tool.
- The key and UI labels, of your default locale, available for customization appear in the Key and Default Text columns see screen shot below:
NOTE: The Text replacement will replace the value where the key is used not the Text.
To validate the Key you need to switch your Language to English Debug. If you do not have this language pack listed on your instance > Change Language, contact support for enablement.
- Find the UI label you want to change. You can use the Search by Key and Search by Default Text filters to narrow down the list. On the same row, enter its custom value in the Replace With Text column. Repeat this step for all the UI labels you want to customize
- Use Select Language to switch to other languages. Note! Setting a text replacement in one language will not set it for any other language. You will need to manually provide text replacements for all words and phrases in all languages.
- (Optional) To keep the default term, leave the text field blank.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save. It can take up to 24 Hours for the application to show the customized value.
You can over-write default text using the tools Text Replacement and Manage Languages. If you overwrite the default text of the same key using both tools, then the application shows the customized value from the Manage Language Tool.
For more details on Working with Manage Language Feature - Platform see KBA 2576546
Please reference configuration Guide for Further Guidance: Managing UI Labels in SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Language, Text, Replacement, Terms, Words, Change, Wrong, Text Replacement, Tier 3, Key, Debug , KBA , sf titles , LOD-SF-PLT-LAN , Issues with Translations (Language Issues) , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To