- Most often this is caused due to the fact you are attempting to import a Microsoft excel file.
- The SuccessFactors application requires that you import .csv files. Please check the file to verify that it is in .csv file format. It is possible to open a .csv file and when closing it, save it in excel format. When you attempt to import the file now in excel format the system gives this error.
- If this does not solve your issue your file may have become corrupted. You may need to start with fresh header rows and template to import the data. To do so follow the steps below:
Exported a new Template:
- Click on Admin Tools
- Click on Export Users
- Click on Export Template
This will give you a fresh new Data file template for the user upload
- With this new template:
- Cut and paste the data from the old file (excluding the template header rows (rows 1 & 2) into the new file.
- Save as a .csv
- Upload file into the system.
- Sometimes Excel has hidden characters buried in the file, and this causes the import to fail. Starting with a clean template is often a good workaround.
KBA , sf error messages platform , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions