SuccessFactors provides the ability for a company to define unique landing pages (URLs) for a person to be redirected to depending on the type of login issue or logout type.
This greatly helps administrators support end-user login issues so they can quickly define based on the landing page, the type of issue impacting the end-user and quickly determine how best to resolve.
If you do not have unique landing pages (redirects) then for all issues, all users will end up redirected to the same page. This provides no insight for support staff in determining if there is something as simple as an incorrect password vs. a more serious technical issue.
By default, if no URL is provided by the client, all users are redirected to the standard SuccessFactors login page. This is problematic in the sense that if your instance is using SSO, then the end user cannot login via the SuccessFactors login page which might cause confusion for the user and result in unnecessary support cases logged to your administrators.
We strongly recommend that you have your SSO team or Web Developers create unique pages (URLs) for each of the following scenarios.
- Invalid Login
- Missing Credential
- Invalid Manager
All of these are common issues experienced by end users in the day-to-day use of the application so a page should be created for each scenario listed and the URL's provided to SuccessFactors Customer Success so that they can reference these redirect pages in your SSO settings.
We do provide a set of pages that you can reference. Please contact Customer Success indicating that you would like to use the following standard pages.
- Please enter the redirect URL when logout: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/doc/sso/LandingPage_logout.html
- Please enter the redirect URL when session timeout: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/doc/sso/LandingPage_sessiontimeout.html
- Please enter the URL for Invalid Login URL redirect: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/doc/sso/LandingPage_InvalidLogin.html
- Please enter the URL for Missing credential Redirect https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/doc/sso/LandingPage_MissingCredential.html
- Please enter the URL for Invalid Manager URL redirect: https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/doc/sso/LandingPage_InvalidManager.html
Please Note: These pages are static standalone pages that have been provided as a helpful aid only and are not part of the SuccessFactors Application so cannot be customized for any specific client. We can however host and refer to any customized HTML pages that you develop, maintain, and provide us. Simply create the .html files, provide those to SuccessFactors Support and we will update your SSO settings to point to your customized pages.
KBA , sf sso , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To