- This article reviews Quicklinks
V10 had a feature called quicklinks that was found in the left menu on most pages. REVOLUTION & ULTRA does not have the “quick-links” menu, but that in no way prevents the client from building a repository of Helpful links to custom documents and content. In fact ULTRA offers two alternative locations where you can publish links.
Welcome Message [on home page]
Company resources [on Company Info page]
v12 & v11 does not have the “quick-links” menu, but that in no way prevents your company from building a repository of helpful links to custom documents and content. In fact v12 & v11 offers two alternative locations where you can publish links.
- Welcome Message [on home page]
- Company resources [on Company Info page]
- My Favorites on home page.
To add a new link to the Welcome Message, from the home page, click on the EDIT icon within the Welcome Message. The above screen will open.
- To add you link position cursor at the point where icon will be.
- Click the Insert Image icon (you do not have to add icons you can make simple text links)
- In the Image Properties popup, enter the URL you copied from quick-links.
- Enter any Alternative Text [mouseover text]
- Set Border to 0 [this will prevent a box from showing around your image]
- Set Align to Abs Middle [this will align your image with the link text]
- Click OK
- You will now see your Icon.
- Now add Link & Text
- Add your text
- Highlight your text and Click the “Insert/Edit Link” icon
- In the Link popup enter your URL
- Click the Target Tab and enter your destination [New Window is recommended]
- Click OK
You will see your new link > Click DONE
Your new quick-link is now showing on the homepage Welcome Message. You can use this same process to add links to the Company Info page > Company Resources.
KBA , sf bizx system/platform , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To