- Invalid Header file error when importing a CSV file to SuccessFactors.
- When importing Position data, error message "The header for column 1 is invalid in importing the Position Data File" is received.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Invalid CSV file or invalid columns in the header.
This issue could be caused by either using the wrong format for the file or using the incorrect header values.
- Verify that the file you are trying to import is a CSV file, and not a XLS or XLSX file.
- Verify that the file uses commas "," as the column separator. A common mistake is to have the file saved with semi-colons as the column separator. To check this, you can open the file with a text editor.
- If the file format is correct, verify if the values present in the first line (header) are the values that the system expects. You may want to perform an export to see what a properly formatted header row should contain for the type of import you are making.
invalid header CSV file columns , KBA , sf error messages platform , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , Problem