An error message is received in the e-mail notification, when trying to import users:
"The following users were not imported/updated because they are not within your administrative target populations:"
SAP SuccessFactors BizX Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- Process an employee import (manually or via scheduled job);
- The notification e-mail may have this error for some or all of the users in the file.
The user performing the import does not have import privileges over the target population for which this error is thrown.
NOTE: For Employee central customers, if this error occurs, may be because you are using the job type "employee import", EC customers must use the job type "employee data import for employee central only".
For customers with permission to access "Manage Employee Import" feature in Admin Center, review the Employee Import Target population for the Username performing the import. To do so, please follow below steps:
- Go to Admin Center > Set User Information > Manage Employee Import:
NOTE: The feature "manage employee import" is available to non EC customers only.
- Enter the username performing the import and click "Search Users";
- Ensure that the data being imported matches the target population set for the Username performing the import. If needed, adjust the filter options to include the new target population by selecting "All options";
- Save Definition for selected users;
- Perform the import again and this error will no longer appear once you have added the "All Options".
For customers that enabled the control of manage employee import under RBP, please follow below steps:
- Admin Center > Set User Information > Manage Permission Roles:
- Select the permission role of the user that wants to perform employee import;
- In the role click on "Permission" > Go to Manage user tab > Select Employee Import:
- Click "Done" > "Save Changes".
UDF, User Directory File, employees import, user import, e-mail notification, error message, unable to import , KBA , sf error messages platform , sf rbp - role based permissions , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-PLT-JOBS , Scheduled Jobs , Problem