- An employee import may appear to process successfully but when the Admin checks individual users, foreign names and special characters appear to be corrupted.
- This is caused when the method used to encode the file at creation is not the encoding method used at import. This may be a manual import through Admin Tools or a scheduled import uploaded via ftp.
- The first step is to determine the actual format of the file.
- Select the correct encoding if using Admin Tools.
- If the import is automated, open a case with CustomerSuccess and we can update the job with the correct encoding method for you so that the imports will be correct going forward.
- The most common and recommended setting is UTF-8.
- The available choices are:
- It doesn’t matter which is chosen as long as this matches the encoding of the file.
- This setting can also be specified for output files if they are be used to interface to external systems.
KBA , sf imports , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions