- How to set or change user password via Employee Import?
- How to mass update employee passwords?
- What are the default password settings for Employee Import?
- Will users be prompted to reset their password after we set the values via the import file?
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Yes, it is possible to set or (mass) update a user password via Employee Import feature. In order to do that you need to add a "PASSWORD" column to the User Data File (UDF) to manage the passwords.
A couple of thing you need to consider when using this option:
- If you leave the "PASSWORD" field blank, the system will delete the existing password for that user.
- Users for which the password value was added via import will NOT be prompted to reset their password upon initial login and this is expected behavior.
- If importing the password values in upper case, the "Case Sensitive" option in "Password & Login Policy Settings" must be checked for this to work successfully.
If the case sensitive option is unchecked, then the imported password values will not change. If "Case Sensitive" option is unchecked then the Passwords can still be imported via the import file, but only when lower case.
- If the "PASSWORD" column is used for subsequent loads there is a potential problem that if the password field is blank when imported, it removes the current password for any user where the password is not supplied.
This could result in all users or many users being locked out.
- When using the "PASSWORD" column via import, it will overwrite any settings that you might have selected for the default value for a new user's password (username, userid, email, or system generated) and this is also an expected behavior.
- 2088622 Passwords: The Security of our Passwords - Platform
- 2088609 Passwords: Is there a secure way to give a new user their password? - Platform
- 2088594 Passwords: Configuring Your Password Policy - Platform
- 2088527 Passwords: How to reset user passwords Individually or Globally - Platform
- 2082045 External Candidate Login Attempts - Recruiting
Password, reset, mass update, UDF, User Data Fle, column, Password & Login Policy Settings, Case Sensitive, , KBA , sf passwords , LOD-SF-PLT-PWD , Password Policy/ Reset Password , How To