- Number 1 is commonly performed.
- 2-8 are less common.
- 9 & 10 are things you'd have to call SuccessFactors Support to do.
- Task: Revoke login permissions, inactivate users
- Admin Tools > Manage Security > Default User Permissions
- Admin Tools > Manage Users > Set User Status
Inactivating users through 'set user status' is good for those on LOA or similar.
- Admin Tools > Manage Users > Employee Import
A data import with the STATUS column changed to INACTIVE for a user will overwrite anything done in 'Set user status.' It's also easier to track, retrieve and remember.
- Task: Set permissions for the entire user group all at once
Admin Tools > Manage Security > Default User Permissions
Most permissions are not 'blanketly' granted. Form creation permissions for NOTES are probably most common.
- Assign people to the Default User Group.
Go to > Manage Security > Default User Permissions
Users can't do ANYTHING unless they're in this group. People are added to this group automatically with a data import. You might never have to touch this link.
- Assign Administrative permissions
Manage Security > Administrative Permissions
You can assign all admin permissions or 'Piecemeal' them out. Most people assign all.
*Best to have admin backups assigned.
**A common support call occurs when a person accidentally locks him/herself out of admin.
- Assign Reporting permissions
Manage Security > Detailed Reporting Privileges; (Analytics)
Detailed Report gives you the 'Reports' button on the left side. This is usually reserved to just a few in the organization.
- Assign Permission to Create Forms
Manage Security > Permission to Create Forms
This must be granted before anyone sees forms inside the 'New Documents' button/wizard on the top right side of the Documents page.
- Allow users to be recipients of a mass-created form Manage Security > Mass Create Group Permission Use this to sort out people who don't need a form from those who do when you mass create forms.
You can grant mass create for a whole group, then revoke it for an individual in that group.
- Set Password Policies
System Properties > Password Policy settings
If you change your initial settings, it may cause everyone to have to change their password on next login.
- Set 'View' permissions for a form
Not Available directly through Admin.
Anyone in the Route Map for the form has a view into a read-only version of the form.
Viewing read-only forms is available through Detailed Reports as well.
- Set Read-only or Read-write permissions by form section or for certain actions
This is can be coded by a professional Services Consultant
KBA , sf bizx performance management , sf bizx system/platform , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions