- Too many users imported.
- Old employees not deactivated.
- Duplicate users imported > See solution on duplicate users.
Every client has a subscription level for licences (seats).
- Once a client exceeds license threshold they will be notified. Once a client has exceeded this threshold they have one of 2 options available to them.
- Note: Terminated users are not included in the count of licenses as any user that is listed as inactive.
1. Set some employees as INACTIVE (see solution on how to set users as inactive)
Customer Success will first help a client remove inactive users and clean up data to free up licences. Option 2 should not be taken unless the client agrees that all current ACTIVE users are needed and they want to purchase more seats.
2. Purchase more license via your account manager - This is NOT done via Customer Success and a case should not be opened.
Note: Customer Success will only send these requests to SuccessCentral once a client has confirmed via their case they want to purchase more seats.
Once a client purchases more seats, the account manager would send the following information to SuccessCentral@successfactors.com:
• Customer name
• Upsold license count
• Total licenses owned after upsell
• Upsell contract / Schedule A as an attachment.
Example of how licences are calculated and how threshold email notification is sent
Total License Users: 1000
Number of Test Users: 50
Total users w/ test users: = 1050
Notification Threshold: 90 % of total licenses used (945 Users)
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , Problem