- User ID / Common Drivers / What to do if I need a conversion?
User ID / Common Drivers / What to do if I need a conversion?
User ID is the primary key…
What is a User ID?
In the SAP SuccessFactors system User ID is the primary key for the master table that defines each user. As in most employee databases, changing this primary key is not possible without risking disruption of functionality throughout the system. SAP SuccessFactors does not recommend changing the USERID field.
Common Drivers for User ID Conversion Requests
- Customer completes an acquisition: After the acquisition, the customer imports users using old IDs to integrate the new employees into the BizX. At a later date, the customer wishes to standardize the User IDs.
- Some employees transfer to a different location: Some customers have different User ID format for employees based on region. So, when an employee transfers to a different location, the customer requests a conversion.
- Go-live (on EC or another HRIS system): When customers go-live on EC or another HRIS system and their User ID changes as a result, they request a conversion. Important: User ID Conversion must occur before enabling EC
There are some other customer needs that are not so common – such as rehire of a former employee. In all these cases, SuccessFactors performs a user id conversion through which BizX user ids are converted to a new value provided by the customer.
USERID Conversion is not supported:
- If you are live on Employee Central Module
- if you are using Data Privicy and Protection Reports (Change Audit/Read Audit/Data Subject Information)
- Consequence: The system will lose the track of user data that is linked to the ID and report will not bring correct information for those userid that were changed
If you need to perform a User ID Conversion
Customer Support no longer deal with User ID Conversion requests.
All User ID conversions must be scoped by Professional Services.
To engage the Professional Service team please reach out to your Services Sales Engagement Manager and complete the Service Contact form via the following link http://community.successfactors.com/t5/Services-Contact/ct-p/Services_Contact
merge, user, users , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-PLT-TLS , Tools , How To