SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite.
Disclaimer: The custom-formatting of a Login Page is not a supported task of the Customer Success Team or the Technical Support Engineering Team. It is the Customer's responsibility to create and maintain all HTML and associated files for your login page should you choose to use one. Please view the document attached to this solution for some examples. The only fully supported login page is the standard default login page shipped with the application. Once you choose to enable your own custom login page you become responsible for its maintenance. SuccessFactors quarterly releases are NOT tested against any custom login pages and may therefore break desired functionality of your page, or cause abnormal behavior. SuccessFactors will not adjust the code of the application to adapt to your custom login page should it break or change in functionality, rather the client is fully responsible to adjust their custom code to work with SuccessFactors quarterly releases and updates. Unfortunately as we will have no insight into how any product release may affect client custom code, we are unable to provide any advanced communications to clients of possible impacts. We kindly ask clients to check custom pages after a release, and report any changes in functionality to Customer Success who will work with you to determine next steps.
CREATING A CUSTOM LOGIN PAGE
NOTE: We recommend you download the Custom Starter page attached to this case and provide it to your web team to customize. Our application supports and expects your final HTML document to use basic HTML code, much like is provided in the basic starter code. We are not able to provide detailed specifications as what is and what is not possible. This is determined during testing of your provided code only.
- If you will be using images in your Custom Login Page, firstly open an incident with SAP Customer Support to host your files in our server. This KBA shows you how to do this request: Hosting files in SuccessFactors
- SuccessFactors Customer Success will upload your files onto the servers and provide you with the Absolute URL of the files. You can then use the URL to code your Login Page HTML to point correctly to the images now on our servers.
- Create an HTML-only file using the provided Absolute URLs for any images or other non-text content.
- Create an incident with SuccessFactors Customer Support, choosing the component LOD-SF-PLT-CPG attaching the HTML file.
- SuccessFactors Customer Support will double check the content for compatibility and linkage and will upload the HTML file and activate your new Login page for your review. We can easily turn on and off this custom page throughout testing so the impact to your users is minimal.
- HTML files created by Microsoft Word are not supported and should not be used. Microsoft Word creates product-specific HTML code using Microsoft styling techniques and does not support Absolute URLs. A file created using Word cannot be guaranteed to display as expected and should not be utilized
- When using CSS style formatting your webmaster will need to correctly define all styles within the HTML you send us as we do not host style sheets for you.
- If the customer is unwilling, unable or uncomfortable making these changes, they are free to contract Professional Services Consultant time.
- An Absolute URL is one that contains the full web server path to a file, from the "http..." all the way to the file extension. This is as opposed to a Relative URL which contains a path relative to the current document (such as "../image.jpg"). Because the login page and the images will not be loaded from the same location, relative URLs will not function; all URLs need to be Absolute.
- Once you have a login page, it will no longer reflect the standard application screen. If our standard screen is updated, the custom login screen will typically not reflect these changes.
- For the login page to fit the screen of all users, our recommendation is to resize any html graphics to a max of 800 pixels wide, and 600 pixels high. This is for standard older version hardware. If users are commonly using newer model laptops, then we recommend 1024 pixels or less and a height of 768 pixels or less.
To implement this we require the graphic be resized and provided to us. At that time we will load this in test, prior to adding it to production. We do NOT provide any graphic and desktop publishing services.
The custom login page content is determined by your company; however, you can make changes to the login content at any time. To do so, contact SuccessFactors support to request the change. Your technical support representative will work with you to determine the new content and the change schedule.
If you're not currently using a custom login page and would like to do so, you can contact your SuccessFactors Customer Success representative about this, too.
Custom login page, Update, Create, Login, Custom , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-CLP , Custom Login Pages , How To