- This article describes how to enable support access in role base permission access. Secure Access is a way for you to allow our technical support people to access your instance in order to diagnose and troubleshoot issues. Using Support Access requires no passwords and adds more security in accessing your instance. This works for both SSO and non-SSO clients.
How do you change manage support access in role based permission environment?
How to grant support access to a user?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- First - the “Enable Secondary Login Feature” option needs to be enabled by Customer Support in Provisioning. Please contact Customer Support to confirm if this option is on or not.
- If you are not able to see see “Manage Support Access” Option in Admin Tools ::
For -- Non RBP (Role Based Permissions)
- Go to “Administrative Privileges” < Expand “Manage Security” < Make sure “Manage Support Access” is enabled here for the user.
For -- RBP (Role Based Permissions)
- Go to Admin Tools and search for Manage Permission Roles -> In the Permission Role List, select the necessary role name -> In the Permission Role Detail page, click on the “Permission…“ button:
- Clicking on the “permission….” button brings you to this screen below with the permission settings. Scroll down to “Manage User” and click on it. On the right side, make sure the “Manage Support Access” option is checked, if not ensure to add this permission to one of their roles:
- Once the Manage Support Access is given to the necessary role, then you can use admin tools to grant the access for the user you want to give Support Access for.
- In admin tools you need to go to Admin Tools -> Company Settings -> Manage Support Access.
- From One Admin:
- From Next Gen Admin:
- Using the search feature in main screen:
- Using the "see all" feature then searching:
Once in the Manage Support Access tool:
- Look up your user
- Check the box for the user you want to grant support access for
- Indicate if the user should have unlimited access or time bound access
SAP Note: make sure the General Permission: "search users"is granted to the user using the "manage support access" feature, or user will be able to access the manage support access but not search for users to grant access to.
How to enable Support Access, Secondary Login for SuccessFactors, Login, Secondary support access, Manage Support Access, Secondary Login , KBA , sf rbp , sf manage support access , sf one admin , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To