SAP and SuccessFactors - A Platform Built for Integration
- SuccessFactors has a proven track record of integrating with a multitude of systems including a wide range of HRIS solutions, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and other third party and home-grown solutions in which SuccessFactors customers have invested. Due to our robust and flexible architecture most of the costly integration work traditionally associated with implementing enterprise-class business applications is not required when deploying SuccessFactors.
HRIS Integration Approach Overview
- SuccessFactors has a proven track record of integrating with SAP and dozens of traditional HRIS systems. Our platform supports HRIS integration using either a simple flat file based data upload process or SOAP based web services. The primary method for integration of SuccessFactors with HRIS systems utilizes a periodic CSV flat file upload. Files are transferred via FTP between the SuccessFactors and customer FTP servers. Files are PGP encrypted prior to transmission. The entire file transfer process can be invoked automatically with a scheduler as frequently as needed. This integration allows additions and updates of HRIS employee master data to pass seamlessly to SuccessFactors.
Accelerated Integration with SAP-Certified Connector Toolkit
- The SuccessFactors Performance & Talent Management suite has been SAP-certified. SuccessFactors teamed with Bristlecone Labs, a service provider specializing in SAP custom development and a trusted SAP Labs development partner, to develop and deliver the SuccessFactors-SAP Connector Toolkit 2.0. The web Connector Toolkit extracts SAP master data from any SAP instance and places the data into a CSV flat file which is then passed to SuccessFactors via FTP.
- Customers can take advantage of this Connector Toolkit for SAP to facilitate and accelerate their data integration effort. The Connector Toolkit, along with instructions for installation and use, is available on the SuccessFactors Customer Community for free (http://community.successfactors.com/SAPConnector).
Technical support and additional consulting is available for purchase through Bristlecone Labs.
SAP Compensation Integration Project (CMP-6295)
- As of b1210 SuccessFactors Compensation can support the SAP Compensation Integration API. In order to support the integration, we have introduced a concept call group id. The group ID will be configurable in the Compensation Template.
- Once the group ID is specified in template, all the import keys used in the template will be automatically be prefixed by the groupid_fieldid. For example, if the group id is 2012, then the field import key for currentSalary will be 2012_curSalary.
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions