- By default, matrix managed reports are displayed in the org chart, while custom managed reports are not. Meaning, given a manager, his/her matrixed reports are displayed with dotted lines below them. But, you can opt to display custom managed reports, and in fact can selectively decide which matrix or custom reports to show.
Note: In the Succession Org Chart, the dotted line will only appear when Matrix Reports are set up for a position and that position has an incumbent.
- To do this there is a special import function that defines matrix and custom manager relationships, as well as their desired visibility on the org chart. Use this link under Admin Tools:
Matrix Manager and Custom Manager Relationship Import
- Go to admin tools > Administrative Privileges > Find user or group > Open "Manage Users" > select options:
|Matrix Manager and Custom Manager Import||Matrix Manager and Custom Manager Export|
- Reminder: After turning on any new permissions remember to logout & login to see new permissions.
- The file format is CSV (examples below are separated into columns for clarity).
- File Option #1 is a simpler file format, which always overwrites all existing relationships of a given type (EX or EC) anytime one or more relationships of that type are specified for a given user:
USERID, MGR_USERID, RELATIONSHIP, ORG_CHART_DISPLAY
cgrant1, athompson1, EX, TRUE
cgrant1, dcortez, EX, FALSE
cgrant1, aaaa, EC, FALSE
- File Option #2 is a file that includes an "action" flag that lets the customer sysadmin incrementally add relationships and preserve existing ones. The source HRIS would need to send a "remove" command for relationships that are no longer required:
USERID, MGR_USERID, RELATIONSHIP, ORG_CHART_DISPLAY, ACTION
cgrant1, athompson1, EX, TRUE, ADD
cgrant1, dcortez, EX, FALSE, REMOVE
cgrant1, aaaa, EC, FALSE, REMOVE
- "EX" above represents matrix managers, while "EC" represents custom managers. EX and EC are the only relationship types supported in this import file; other codes will result in an error.
Both file options are supported with the same import command, by following these rules:
- The ACTION column is optional. It indicates whether to add or remove the relationship.
- If the ACTION column is not included, any user referenced in the first column would have all managers of the specified type (EX or EC) removed and replaced with the complete set specified in the file.
If administrators enter or import matrix or custom managers into the respective fields for a given user using the regular user import file, that will overwrite any prior relationship entries for that user (consistent with today's behavior). Also, those new matrix manager entries will be displayed on the org chart, while custom manager entries will not be displayed on the org chart (the default behavior).
- The import file treats each row independently for validation, and rows with invalid UserIDs will throw an error-but the file will continue processing and attempt to load all subsequent rows.
This import function can be automated, just like other user imports.
- To use this functionality it may require that your org chart xml is updated. Updating this is something that Customer Success will need to perform via a standard support case. In the Org Chart configuration in provisioning a new attribute “configurableDisplay” is introduced to the <OrgChartConfig> tag:
KBA , sf bizx succession management , sf bizx employee profile , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , How To