Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite.
In PTM, a Proxy is a delegated authorized user in the system. The person who wants to grant another user access to their account is called the Account Holder. The person who is given access to an account is called the Proxy.
To configure these proxy assignments through Employee Import, you need to follow the below steps:
- Go to Admin Center > Update User Information > Employee Export (perform Export) Warning! Working in excel can change your data. Be careful to keep all data in original formats, making sure leading zeros on any columns are not lost, if they exist.
- In your .csv file, search the User to add a proxy user to.
- Scroll right to the Proxy field.
- Add User ID(s) of those permissioned to proxy into this users account.
- Repeat as necessary adding userID(s) in the proxy column for all users this proxy will have access to.
Note: if you want to allow multiple people to have access to one particular person you can put a pipe = "|" in between the User IDs in the proxy field.
Example: admin|mark|sue or 00456|admin|7620 etc. (making sure there are no spaces in between, just a pipe)
After finishing the editions, save your data file. Be sure to keep in .csv format. Now it is time to import the file:
- Go to Admin Center > Update User Information > Employee Import.
- Choose the file you edited.
- Click to Import User File
NOTE: The assignments done through Employee Import overwrite the assignments done in Proxy Management/Proxy Import. We recommend using only one of these methods to keep everything updated. See KBA: 2704750 - Missing proxy permission | Employee Import resetting proxy assignments - BizX Platform
Proxy, assign, permission, Employee Import, User Import, grant proxy , KBA , sf admin tools , sf proxy management , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-PLT-PRX , Proxy , How To