- In PTM , a Proxy is a delegated authorized user in the system. The person who wants to grant another user access to their account is called the Account Holder. The person who is given access to an account is called the Proxy.
From Admin Tools
- Manage Employees > Update User Information > Employee Export (perform Export) Warning! Working in excel can change your data. Be careful to keep all data in original formats, making sure leading zeros on any columns are not lost, if they exist.
- In your .csv file locate the User to add a proxy user to.
- Scroll right to the Proxy field (final column).
- Add UserID(s) of those permissioned to proxy into this users account.
- Repeat as necessary adding userID(s) in the proxy column for all user's this proxy will have access to.
Note: if you want to allow multiple people to have access to one particular person you can put a pipe = "|" in between the userids in the proxy field.
Example: admin|mark|sue or 00456|admin|7620 etc.
(making sure there are no spaces in between, just a pipe)
- Save your data file. Be sure to keep in .csv format.
- Import your new file > admin tools > Manage Employees > Update User Information > Employee Import > and test upon import completion.
KBA , sf admin tools , sf proxy management , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To