SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
There are 3 main tools/methods that can be used to manage proxy assignments:
A) Proxy Management - This tool can be accessed by anyone having been granted the permission “Proxy management”. The proxy admin will be allowed to manage the target population assigned to them via RBP. They will be allowed to create, delete, and modify proxy assignments for these users.
1. “Who will act as the proxy(username)”: Enter the username value of the user that will be allowed to proxy. You can use the auto complete values provided, or click on “Find user” to locate the desired user.
2. What account holder will the proxy act on behalf of (username): Enter the username value of the user that will be allowed to proxy as. You can use the auto complete values provided, or click on “Find user” to locate the desired target user.
3. Grant Proxy Rights: Grant rights to the following modules/tabs: Select the modules that you wish this proxy to have access to once proxying as the account holder. You can select “All modules” or a combination of any other options provided below.
B) Proxy Import: The access is given to the admin users that have been granted proxy management permission. The Proxy Import will then become available in admin center > tools. Please see KBA 2087311 for information on how to use the proxy import.
C) Proxy Column In User Import File: Users must have Employee Import permission to create/manage proxy assignments in this way. This is independent from the proxy import permission. You can assign multiple proxies to a single user by entering one or more User ID values in the proxy column for the associated user. If you want to add multiple proxies for the same user, the accepted delimiter is a pipe character “|”. For example “admin1|admin2|admin3” would be the correct syntax to add these 3 userID’s as proxies for the respective user.
Note: If the column is included in the Import file but left blank, all existing proxy assignments for the users will be deleted.
- When multiple proxies have been designated as acting on behalf of the same user, there is the potential that user data can be edited simultaneously.
- In the event that two proxies are working on the same document at the same time, the person who last saved the document will see their changes saved. This means that the first proxy to save a document being worked on at the same time, their data will be lost (overwritten).
KBA , sf admin tools , sf proxy management , LOD-SF-PLT-PRX , Proxy , How To