- When an end user attempts to log into their SuccessFactors applications your system they are told their account is now locked.
- Users cannot login to the system.
- How do I unlock a users account?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Reproducing the Issue
Username and Password
1. Try to login via Username and Password
2. See the screen below
1. Try to login via SSO.
2. Screen goes into a loop.
3. Check the SSO error logs (Can only be accessed by a Partner with provisioning access or Customer Support).
[local user authentication fail for user XXXXXX]
SAMLTokenAuthentication failed [company: XXXYYYZZZ,userName: XXXXXX] failedLoginReason:Login failed - account locked
Based on the setting that you've defined in your Password & Login Policy Settings, your system can automatically lock a users account.
Note: If a users account was locked prior to enabling SSO, the account will need to be uncocked before they can sign in via SSO.
- Go to Admin Tools.
- Under Manage User > Click Reset User Account.
- Enter the username of the user who is locked out.
- Click Search Users.
Tip: The red X means that the user is locked out.
- Select the checkbox next to the locked out user and click the “Reset Selected Users” button. Any locked user accounts will be re-activated, and you will receive the below confirmation message:
Old Admin Tools
- Go to Admin Tools Tab
- Under Manage Users
- Click Reset User Account
- Enter the user name
- Click Search Users
- Select the user
- Click Reset Selected Users
2420640 - Passwords: Configuring Password & Login Policy
2317944 - BizX Platform - Partner resources : SAML 2.0 Provisioning guide - Troubleshooting tips and tricks - Common errors and resolution
Locked, User is locked out, account locked, authentication fail , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , How To