You are procuring a material for a fixed asset via a supplier invoice, however the system informs that the account determination is missing for the selected product category, although it is assigned to an asset class.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Create a new supplier invoice with no reference to a purchase order.
- Input the mandatory information and make the cost assignment to individual material.
- With all the mandatory field populated accordingly, click Check.
The following error is raised: Account determination group is missing for product category <ID>
- Go to Fixed Assets work center.
- On the Common Task, click Edit Asset Class Determination. You'll see the selected product category assigned to a fixed asset class for the buying company.
The error is caused because the procured amount in the supplier invoice line item is less than the lower value of the capitalization threshold setup for the company's accounting principle, therefore, it goes via normal account determination for product category, directly to expense accounts.
In order to post the transaction as a fixed asset, the amount of the line item must be higher that the minimum value set as threshold.
You can change this setup through the below steps.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Find the activity Capitalization Threshold for Fixed Assets and click on Change Immediately.
- On the screen that opens, select the relevant accounting principle for you company and adjust the capitalization range.
Beware that the system will validate the logic at the line item level. This means that, even though the sum of all the line items with the cost assigned to IMAT is within the capitalization range, posting would still happen via normal account determination because the amount of each line item is below the given lower amount on Business Configuration.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To