- Various causes as listed below in order of most common
- Important: It is not possible to correct live forms for this issue using our Dynamic Forms Tool, since the competency content, along with it's ratings and comments becomes native to the form on launch. Therefore the only way to correct these types of issues is by correcting your master template and relaunching your forms.
- Warning! Never delete a competency that has been used in the past from your libraries! Deleting competencies that have been used will lead to issues on historical forms. We recommend you never delete a competency but rather just hide ones you no longer use. More info at: Competencies: Changing Status of Competencies
- Create all competencies/behaviors in US English, otherwise you might experience issues with the auto-population function
Template copied from test with hard coded competencies
- Clients should be reminded that each time a new competency is loaded or created into the instance, it will get a unique ID (not to be confused with GUID) specific to that instance. So if you load a new competency into test it may be given next ID, say 55. However when that same competency is loaded into production instance, the next assigned ID could be any other number, and is unlikely to also be 55. Therefore, if you hard code competency 55 into your template in test, it will work correctly. However when that template is moved to production it will not work correctly. It may find no competency with ID=55, or it may find a different competency.
- Solution: You will need to lookup the competency ID in your production instance and provide support the ID (not GUID) of the correct one in production to add.
- Also provide the ID that is currently coded to the template from test that is incorrect and needs to be replaced.
- If there are multiple that are incorrect you will need to provide a matrix of IDs clearly showing the current wrong ID and which ID it needs to be replaced with from production.
- Note: The ONLY way to have your systems match for competency ID's is to pay for a system clone where we will refresh all data in test with the exact data from production. Once in-sync this would not need to happen again unless you were still adding new competencies to both libraries.
- Note: Hard coded competencies are not supported in Gap Analysis Reports so will not show in these reports.
Competencies were deleted
- You deleted a competency from your library that was either hard coded to the template or was mapped via Families & Roles.
- You should never delete a competency, rather just set it to hidden. more info..
Populating by Jobcode
- The most popular way to get competencies onto a form us via jobcode mapping. One of the most common causes is when the persons jobcode truly does not match the Role you have set up in Families and Roles that contains the expected competencies at the time the form was launched.
- This must be correct at time of launch! Correcting the role after launch will not correct live forms.
- Check the system and ensure the correct jobcode has been added to the employees record. Note. Jobcodes are case sensitive and must exactly match in employee record and families & roles. If there are any spaces or differences then it will break the mapping and no competencies will populate for that role.
- Check Families & Roles and ensure that the person's jobcode is correctly mapped to the correct Role
- Now check that the role has the correct competencies mapped to it
- Once corrected relaunch test form and confirm correct competencies now populate for this user.
- Be sure that your data is entered in the correct order before launching forms for users. It is important that the competency data, jobcodes and families & roles is all entered and correct before you launch a form. If it is not and you correct it later, this will not correct the live form.
- This is typically problematic for new employees or new roles where an employee is entered into the system and a new hire or performance form is automatically launched before their correct jobcode was entered of possibly even before you have set up the required Family & Role for this new employee.
- Your template may have been configured to populate content based on specific libraries or categories. When adding new competencies, if they were not setup correctly to match the filters you already had built into your templates, then you may find no competencies show or only some competencies appear and some are missing.
- Solution: Ask support to evaluate your template to see if you have any filters set in this section.
- If there are filters for categories or libraries, then check your competencies and ensure they match those coded to the template.
- Determine if it is your template that needs to be changed to match your competency data, or if you can change your competency data to match your existing template. The later option is preferable since it will not require a relaunch of forms.
- more information on competency filters..
Competency Set as Hidden
Multiple Languages Used
- When using multiple languages it is quite common for administrators to forget that they need to physically add in content for each language that existsand will be used by your users. Make sure that for every language you have enabled, content for that language is also translated and entered.
- You will need to make sure you map the new language to existing competency GUID when using a multi-lingual form. Some clients accidentally load the new language with a GUID that is not linked to your default language (usually English).
- more information..
Competencies on Development Plans
- If you are having issues on a development goal plan, please also see our solution that explains the additional filtering options that can apply for development plans.
Linked Via Field Other Than Jobcode
Template Language Not Matching Instance Language or Data Language
- Your competencies have not been created in US English, only in other languages
- Your template language may accidentally not match the language you imported for your competency data. For example your instance is configured for en_GB only, but the PM form was set to en_US, so none of the competencies show up.
KBA , LOD-SF-PM-FAM , PM Competencies Behaviors Families and Roles , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions