- My Competency Library contains multiple language translations for each competency. When I switch languages in SuccessFactors, I expect the Competencies on a PM or 360 form to reflect the translated version. Instead, the Competencies default to one language instead of the translated version, why?
- After loading competencies in a different language not all the characters are displaying correctly
- How do I obtain multi-lingual Competency Libraries
- Your Competency GUID and ID values may different between languages.
- Incorrect character encoding used during import.
- Check your Competency Library, and make sure both the Competency GUID and ID values are the same for all languages. If not, you may need to delete and reload your competencies. To ensure that both ids match, first, upload the English language competencies. Once uploaded, download the English Competency Library with the GUIDs. Using the same GUIDs from the English Competency Library, add your translated Competencies and upload. You need to do this for each language.
- When you are loading multiple languages you will need to load them separately so the system can properly load the different character sets. Not all languages will correctly load if using Western character encoding so be sure you change the Character encoding from Western to Chinese, Korean, or Unicode based on the language being imported.
- If you are seeing invalid characters after loading your data, such as squares or odd symbols, then the data was loaded using incorrect character encoding, or user tried to load multiple languages at once. You will need to reimport all the data for this language.
- It is not possible to correct data on live forms if competencies are already added. You will need to manually delete and re-add, or possibly relaunch forms after you have corrected the competency library.
- If you would like to upload Competency Libraries in multiple languages to your instance please open a ticket with Cloud Support. Currently (June 2015), we only support these languages:
competency library, multi-lingual, languages , KBA , sf languages , sf competencies & behaviors , LOD-SF-PM-GM , Goals in PM Form , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions