You are receiving an error during creation or edition of data regarding employees:
Maintain Internal Employees Only via Master Data Replication Work Center
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Administrator work center.
- Create a new Employee or edit data in an existing employee.
- Click on Save button.
In some cases, the New button for creating employees or changing option will be disabled.
The error occurs if Employee Master Data Replication is scoped in this system. You can verify this by the following steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementations Projects view.
- Select the Project and select Edit Project Scope button.
- Go to Review Questions step.
- Expand Communication and Information Exchange
- Expand Integration with External Applications and Solutions
- Select Integration of Master Data
- Here, the question Do you want to replicate employee data from external application or solution of your cloud solution? is checked.
In such cases, the employees are not created directly in the system, but come from an external system. So, it is not allowed to edit employees in the system. This restriction is to keep the employee data synchronized.
You can solve this issue by applying any of the following measures:
- After un-checking the question in the Project Scope mentioned above, the error should not occur anymore.
- You could create your internal employee in the external application.
- You could create an external employee (service agent/partner contact) in Cloud for Customer.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To