- Error: "Failed to retreive data from Database"
- In Crystal Reports, when trying to refresh a report based on XML, the following error occurs:
"Failed to retreive data from Database"
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Crystal Reports designer
- Create a new report based on XML with large data using the XML and Webservices connection
- Refresh the report, you will receive the error.
- Navigate to the location of CRConfig.xml file, by Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\
- Open the CRConfig.xml file in Notepad
- Modify and Set the JVMMaxHeap with the following value instead of default value:
- Also, Set the JVMMinHeap with the following value instead of default value:
- Save the CRConfig.xml file
- Close Crystal Reports designer and launch it again
- Refresh the report, it will work fine
failed to retreive data, crystal report, cr, xml, javaheap, jvm , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013