SAP SuccessFactors Succession & Development
The Company Org Chart offers a hierarchical view of the organization, and it can display the direct and matrix manager reporting relationships of the users. It is typically available to all employees and it's usually the starting point for finding information about an employee or to understand the structure of a team/department/division. In the Company Org Chart, users can also view more information on the employees and navigate to other areas of the application through the Quickcard.
Users can navigate up in the hierarchy by clicking the button "Up One Level" above the topmost node being displayed or navigate down the hierarchy by clicking on the team size (bottom of the org chart node) of any user who has direct/matrix reports.
There are three display options that the users viewing the Org Chart can choose: All Reports, Direct Reports Only or Matrix Reports Only (dotted line manager).
Printing/Exporting the Company Org Chart
The users have two options to export the Company Org Chart: Save to Image/jpg or to PDF. To do so, click the Export icon on the upper-right corner of the Company Org Chart and choose the option "Save Org Chart as PDF" or "Save Org Chart as Image/jpg" and then follow your browser's instructions to save the file.
The following permissions, which are located in the "General User Permissions" section in RBP, are required for a user to use the Company Org Chart:
- Company Info Access: this permission grants access to the Company Info page.
- User Search: this permission grants access for the user to search other employees on the Org Chart search and defines the target population that the user will be able to search on.
- Organization Chart Navigation Permission: this permission determines the target population that the user will be able to navigate through in the Company Org Chart.
The configuration options for the Company Org Chart are available in Admin Center > Company Settings > Org Chart Configuration > Basic Org Chart:
- Display Photo: Determines whether the photos of the users will be displayed in the Company Org Chart or not.
- Hide matrix manager info in V12 Org Chart: If enabled, hides the "+1 Matrix Manager" information on the user’s node. But it does not hide the dotted line relationship, when navigating the org chart of a Matrix Manager.
- Display portrait photos in Org Chart: By default, photos are displayed in a square frame and this can cause the photo to be cropped. If the customer does not like the default display, they can enable this option to display portrait photos (rectangular frame) in the Company Org chart.
Common issues in the Company Org Chart:
Company Org Chart Organization Hierarchy direct matrix report reports , KBA , sf org chart , LOD-SF-PLT-ORG , Org Chart Issues (LnR checks) , How To