You are running the GR/IR Clearing Run and the error message is shown as
Account Determination Group XYZ:G/L acct missing for Costs>Exchange Rate Differences>Gain from Exchange Rate Differences.
You have maintained G/L Account in Costs Sub ledger under Exchange Rate Differences even then the error message is shown.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inventory Valuation Work center.
- Go to Periodic Tasks View.
- Go to GR/IR Clearing Run sub view.
- Show All GR/IR Clearing Run and Find the Run ID.
- Select the Run ID and Go to Details : Log files.
- Choose Log Result as per the Set of Books Description.
Error message is shown as Account determination group XYZ: G/L acct missing for Costs ->Exchange Rate Differences ->Gain from Exchange Rate Differences.
G/L Account should be maintained for Gain from Exchange Rate Differences for Account Determination Group XYZ under Inventories Sub ledger.
You should maintain G/L Account for Gain from Exchange Rate Differences for Account Determination Group XYZ under Inventories Sub ledger by the following steps:
- Go to Business Configuration Work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects.
- Select First Implementation Project.
- Choose Open Activity List.
- Go to Fine Tune Activity and Find Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Go to Account Determination and then to Inventories.
- Go to Differences.
Maintain G/L Accounts for Gain from Exchange Rate Differences and Loss from Exchange Rate Differences for Account Determination Group XYZ.
Once you have configured the above steps,execute the GR/IR Clearing Run.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To