- You can define a comp rule for a combination of salary fields, such as <comp-rule useFor="merit+lumpsum" benchmark="compa-ratio">, the combined comp rule will work in a similar way like the single field comp rule (like useFor="merit") but apply to the combined total of the composing fields. Although the feature is originated for merit+lumpsum, it will work for any combination of salary fields, not limited to just two fields, can be promo+merit+extra for example.
- The percentage base for the combined total is always current salary.
- How does the default allocation work for combined combine rule in form creation?
a) The default amount will always go to the first field, for example, when useFor="merit+lumpsum", the default amount will all go to merit when create comp form;
b) If the template contains both single-field comp rule and combined comp rule, when allocate default amount, we'll apply single-field comp rule first, and proceed to apply the combined comp rule ONLY IF if there's no matched formula in the single-field comp rule for the user.
- How does the combined rule work with single-field comp rule in form UI if both apply to the user? This depends on whether they are soft/hard limits. We'll always process (comp-salary-rule and) single-field comp rule first, and then proceed to handle combined rule ONLY IF there's no hard-limit violation found against single-field comp rule.
- Combined rule violation message: The combined total 2.06 (5.24%) is above the maximum specified by the guideline 1.57 (4.00%). The combined total comes from the entries: Merit: 0.88 (2.24%) Lump Sum: 2,358.00 (rate of 1.18) (3.00%) Note: The "rate of ..." part is conditional, only applicable to lumpsum for non-annual rate type.
- The violations of combined rule will be flagged as well in Executive Review.
- The attribute forceDefaultOnRatingChange doesn't apply to combined rule.
- For now, we only support percentage-based compbined rule, we don't support amount-based combined comp rule. That's to say, its comp-formula should all have "true" in comp-formula-usePercent, "false" in comp-formula-useAmount.
KBA , sf compensation worksheet design , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions