- When importing Compensation Information, the Pay Component data gets removed from the Compensation Information portlet.
- I have just imported a new Compensation Information record for a user, but the Pay Component data has disappeared from the EC UI when viewing the users Compensation Information. Why did this happen and how do I restore it?
- Pay Components have not been imported against the new Compensation Information record you have imported.
- The Pay Component data does not get removed from the system. Pay Component data is associated with Compensation Information effective dated records. When you need to update a user’s Compensation Information record via the UI, the system will automatically bring over the Compensation Information and associated Pay Component data from the previous Compensation Information record, but, if you need update Compensation Information via Import, you will also need to import Pay Components again for that Compensation Information record you just created via Import. The Pay Components are linked to the Compensation Information record via the Effective Start date field.
- For example, if you import a new Compensation Information record with an Effective Start Date of 01/01/2013, you will also need to import the associated Pay Component information for that user with an Effective Start Date of 01/01/2013. This is because the Pay Component data is effectively housed inside the Compensation Information record.
- The easiest way to extract the current Pay Component data for a user is to run a Person & Employment Export report, and filter on the user in questions ID. This will pull the data back out of the system in an import friendly format. From there all you would need to do is remove all but the latest Effective Dated rows from the import file, change the Effective Start Date so that it matches the Effective Start Date of the Compensation Information record you had created earlier, and also add the changes to the Pay Components, and then import the file.
KBA , sf error messages comp-varpay , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions