- Understanding the Rollup Report Hierarchy
As delivered, the Rollup Report is based on the current manager/second manager hierarchy within the system, just like the Executive Review. If the hierarchy within the system changes but employee’s are not moved from the old manager to new manager’s form the Rollup Report hierarchy will break and you will receive a message like the below.
- Running the rollup report you get the error "The report could not be completed as requested due to insufficient permission."
Here are some items to consider to ensure the above error does not occur:
1) If you decide to use the Compensation Planner functionality you CANNOT use the Rollup Report. The Compensation Planner hierarchy is not supported in the Rollup Report. You will need to disable the Rollup Report via the Form Template for the compensation form
2) If you are using Regular Manager or Second Manager hierarchy, check the following option upon importing your employee file. This will ensure employee’s are ALWAYS moved from the old manager/second manager to the new manager/second manager’s form. If you FTP your file you will need to update these settings for your process in the Quartz SchedulerRoll
3) If you do not want to move employees to the new manager’s form when there is a hierarchy change (and if this is the case they either shouldn’t be using Executive Review or should understand Executive Review is ALWAYS based on system hierarchy, not form membership) then you must do the following steps:
Step #1: Let Support know so they can make a change on the backend for your instance
Step #2: In Admin Tools/Compensation Administration run the Generate Compensation Hierarchy for Rollup Report. Note: You may have to re-permission Compensation Administration Administrative Privileges for the user to see this option in Admin Tools. To do this go to Admin Tools => Manage Security => Administrative Privileges and open the Compensation Administration section and check all the boxes. Log out and log back in. This will ensure the Rollup Report looks at the hierarchy based on form membership and not the system hierarchy. If you manually move an employee from one form to another via the Move Members under Compensation Administration you will need to re-run this process.
KBA , sf error messages comp-varpay , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , Problem