- A customer reports that they are attempting to allocate budgets from Manage Woksheets>Budget> Budget Assignment. Selecting this option immediately generate the error below.
“Failed to get list of head of hierarchy for the compensation template id xxx”
Reproducing the Issue
1. Access the Compensation plan and navigate to Manage Worksheets and select Budget Assignment.
2. Once you select Budget Assignment you will recieve the following error message.
- Since budgets are usually percentages of Current Salary, these error messages generally appear when there is a problem with the data that contributes to the current Salary.
- Specifically it is important to look at two specific columns in your user data file to confirm that the Salary will compute correctly, this would be COMPENSATION_SAL_RATE_UNITS and SALARY
- Perform and employee export while including the compensation data. Correct any erroneous data that you find under the COMPENSATION_SAL_RATE_UNITS and SALARY. Reimport the updated user data.
- SALARY Column – Check to ensure that this is composed as only numbers and no special characters like currency signs($) or commas ",". Below highlighted is causing an issue.
- COMPENSATION_SAL_RATE_UNITS – Check to ensure there are only numbers and NO string characters or blank values.
Budget Assignment Error, Failed to get list of head of hierarchy, Compensation Budget error , KBA , sf error messages comp-varpay , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To