CREATE NEW LOOKUP TABLES
- Go To Admin Tools: Compensation > Action For all plans > All Plans > Lookup Tables.
- Find the table name(s) that were referenced in the XML.
- Click on the table name.
- Scroll down and click Export. Take a screenshot or note current name and # of input/output columns.
- Save file to a local drive.
- Click Up to all lookup tables.
- Create new table: Type new Name, clear description and same # of input and output as the previous table.
- Click Create.
- Click on the table name of the new table that you created.
- Browse to the saved file >> Import file.
- Sample file format:
- Once you have finalized the values, you can return here to re-import updated file to replace current file.
It is best practice NOT to update lookup tables that were referenced in forms that have been launched for a prior cycle. If you anticipate any changes to the input or output values, it is best practice to create new tables which can be referenced in your new templates.
- Updates to lookup table after forms are launched are dynamic.
- Any changes in the table will impact completed forms.
- Lookup tables give you more functionality/flexibility when using custom calculations within custom fields.
- A typical use case for a lookup table is when you have a calculation where one or more variables within the calculation can change based on a value on the employee’s record.
A form has a custom calculation that calculates a one time incentive payment, salary * incentive percent, however the incentive percent can vary based on the employee’s level within the organization. In this case you would use a lookup table within the formula that would pull the correct incentive percent based on the field that stores the employee’s level and then multiply that by the employee’s salary. An example of what this formula might look like: lookup(‘2011IncentivePercent’,jobLevel,1)*curSalary
- Identify whether the configuration you are using references lookup tables.
- Check your configuration workbook.
- Check Admin Tools: Compensation > Action For all plans > All Plans > Lookup Tables.
If no lookup tables appear here contact Customer Success for help determining which templates and fields reference the lookup tables if you are not sure.
KBA , sf compensation manage data , LOD-SF-CMP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To