- The application allows for you to create groups or people and then assign variable budgets to each compensation group. Budgeting based on groups > basedOn="group"
- How to use budgets based on groups
- This is used when setting up budgets where different groups of employees have different budget %. An example of this is where a company has employees in various Countries. The budget for US is 5% for Canada is 6% for UK it is 4% and you have managers who have employees across the countries.
- The calculate the budget by employee, then add all the employees budget on the managers form together and this will create the total budget for the manager.
Setting Up Groups
- Please refer to oursolution on how to set up groups.
< budget-calc useFor="salary" budgetOn="merit" familyName="GMAC" mode="PercentOfCurSal" basedOn="group" includeIneligible="false" prorating="false">0.0</budget-calc>
- UI or import file based budgeting tool which allows the managers to determine budget for group of employees
- To set via UI go to comp admin tools. Note the Formula Criteria has the Budget Group box selected
- Notice in your Formulas you will see Budget Group column populated.
Positives to Budget on Group:
- Flexible because it is not based on same % for everyone
- Dynamic! If budgets need to change, just change in UI
- UI or import file based - admin can control
- Complex to setup
- Complex to use
- Not commonly used by clients
- Mass Create is not supported if Mode is based on "Amount". In this scenario you need to launch worksheets individually. (budget will show as $0 when mass created)
- Supports only standard fields
- Does not support custom fields and some standard fields are not supported.
- Person must belong to one group only
KBA , sf compensation budgets , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core all versions