The compensation module supports the ability to override system generated planner budget form Admin Tools > Compensation > Budget Override.
Select the compensation plan to apply overrides to and then search manager’s form by user name and add to plan list for budget override.
The system will list any compensation plans that have been configured to use overrides.
If your current compensation templates are not configured to handle budget override then when you go to Admin Tools > Compensation > Budget Override: you will see the alert message: No Template Found!
If you do not see the Budget Override link in Admin Tools > Compensation, the budget override permission needs to be turned on via Manage Security > Managing Administrative Privilege > Find User or Group > Compensation Administration > Budget Override.
If you would like a template configured to support budget overrides, please open a case with Customer Success. There are no costs involved with this and typical turnaround times will apply via our Technical Services Engineers.
• Budget override is applied on individual plan (comp form).
• Budget override can only apply to compensation form templates with override flag turned on.
• Provide in-line edit to view and override current budgets for selected plan.
• The overridden budget will replace current budget and original budget will be backed up in backup column.
• Only last overridden budget will be kept.
• All budgets are overridden based on the factor.
• At this time, the budget override will not impact custom columns created at the individual level.
• The budget override will only change the overall team budget at the top of the form.
• The override budget factor will be applied when budget is recalculated.
- The budget override feature is intended to change team budgets for individual compensation planners only. The override is at the form level, and therefore cannot be used to change the budget for an entire hierarchy, department, or other group of forms. If you want to make changes to the budget for an entire hierarchy or organization, you would need to override the budget for each form in that group. In order to move the budget from one executive to another, an administrator needs to override the budget for both executives’ forms, as well as the forms for every compensation planner below them in the hierarchy.
Reporting on Overrides
- There are a number of reports available to validate Variable Pay data. Go to: Admin Tools > Compensation Home > Select correct plan > Plan Setup > Validation Reports:
KBA , sf compensation budgets , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , How To