- Setting the decimal precision for fields.
- How do we change the decimal precision for a field?
- Can we have different precision/rounding for fields of the same field type?
*screenshots taken from a demo instance*
- SuccessFactors HCM
- Compensation Management
Changing Decimal Precision
- Go to Admin Center
- Select Compensation > Compensation Home
- Select your template
- Click On Plan Setup > Settings > Set Number Format Rules
Note: if you do not see this option, then you will need to give your admin permissions via Manage Permission Roles, under Administrator Permissions > Manage Compensation > Manage Compensation Number Format Rules
- Select the rule you want to change
- Enter the preferred format
- Click Save
Decimal Precision for Same Field Type
The system supports various field types, such as Money, amount, percentage - and you want different rounding rules/decimal precision for them.
For example you have 2 fields both set as type = "money". One you want to have 2 decimal point precision, the other one is 0 decimal points. Is this possible?
Yes, but you can only set certain conditions. To make a format for a condition, follow these steps:
- Go to Set Number Format Rules as described above
- Click on Apply to conditions: Set another condition
- Click on Add another rate type to match under Rate type matches any of below:
- Define the rate type (annual, monthly) that this format will be for
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for as many times as you need
- Click on Add another currency to match
- Specify the currency this format will apply to
- Repeat 6-7 as many times as needed to add all the currencies this format will apply to
- Click +Add Rule
KBA , sf compensation manage data , LOD-SF-CMP-FRM , Forms & Templates , How To